Over the summer I went to an absolutely incredible conference put on by the email service ConvertKit. It was my first time in Boise, a place I’d wanted to visit and a very convenient spot as it’s just the state next door. I wanted to share some notes with you all, to provide a bit of inspiration and motivation in short doses of notes that I took.
- When I do something awesome, don’t automatically look at who’s doing it better. Keep the joy!
- -Ask yourself: Can I feel the joy now? (Because you won’t later if you don’t enjoy the moment now)
- Look for opportunity in spaces outside of what you do. So much opportunity is available if you leave your bubble.
- Ask yourself: How can I be the first to enter this space?
- Worries take up space in your head that you need for creating. Also, they take up space that you could be looking for opportunities, money, etc.
- Make good habits easy (less steps). Add more steps to get to bad habits.
- At first: just put in the work
- Make things INTERESTING. Are you doing things, just to do them?
- Ask Questions. In the words of Tim Ferriss “become a good question-asker”
- Am I fulfilling a very specific need? How could I?
- STOP comparing and judging myself
- Unsubscribe to all distraction! Eliminate possible interruptions.
- Doing the same thing (aka not growing) means getting the same results and the same income. Be courageous enough to make changes.
- Find partnerships.
- Add my personality to everything. Don’t be a copy.
- Love what you’re doing, but put an invoice behind it.
- Automate systems, not relationships.
- If you aren’t the best yet, have the best work ethic. Take initiative, do what I say I will, and do the things most people only talk about.
- Engagement is KING. Make Time + Make Friends = Make $$
- If people ask you questions, think about how you can monetize answers.
- Research brands and tell them a way you can work together (so they don’t have to figure it out themselves)
- The secret is telling people what you know.
- People engage in the STORY. Tell a story, always.
- Target the smallest possible audience. Niche down!
- Remember: If someone else decides your info is worth talking about, then it’s REMARKABLE.
- Artists view the world through abundance & see opportunity.
- We do not need more copiers.
- It’s not too late.
Have the best day ever!!!
Thanks so much for listening!! I would love if you’d leave a review & subscribe on iTunes…HOW TO LEAVE A REVIEW FROM YOUR IPHONE: 1. Open podcast app 2. Search for “Passion Design Project” 3. Click on my Podcast 4. Tap Reviews & tap “Write review”
Find out more on my website at www.PassionDesignProject.com
Join me on Facebook at Passion Design Project & Subscribe to the Newsletter to get podcast updates!